It is a criminal offence to sub-let your home. If we suspect that a tenant has abandoned their home or is sub-letting it, we will issue a legal Notice to Quit. You may be able to have a lodger stay with you at your home for more information about this click here

What is the difference between having a lodger and sub-letting?

A lodger shares the property with you. They will pay you for food and upkeep. A sub-tenant has part of the property solely for their own use and you need their permission to enter the rooms they occupy.

Please notify Saxon Weald through your My SaxonWeald account if you intend to have a lodger living in your home.