Yes, this is normally allowed as long as it does not cause overcrowding and complies with the terms of your tenancy agreement (e.g. meets any age restriction criteria).  As the tenant, you would be responsible for ensuring guests/household members comply with the terms of your tenancy agreement.  Please update your household information online via your My SaxonWeald account, for more information about how to do this click here.

What is the difference between having someone live with me and having a lodger or sub-letting my home?

A lodger is someone who lives with you as though he or she were part of your family.  They will pay you for food and upkeep. A sub-tenant has part of the property solely for their own use and you need their permission to enter the rooms they occupy.  It is a criminal offence to sub-let your home. If we suspect that a tenant has abandoned their home or is sub-letting it, we will issue a legal Notice to Quit.