You may want to make alterations to your home that allow you to live more safely and independently. We may be able to help with installing minor adaptations such as grab rails, lever taps and window winders. Please contact our customer support team to discuss your needs:
- Send us a message from your MySaxonWeald account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Email us email@example.com
- Call us Monday – Friday 08.30 – 16.00 on 01403 226000
- Send us a message on Facebook visit www.facebook.com/saxonweald
- Visit our office Monday – Friday 09.00 – 16.00 (Saxon Weald, 38-42 Worthing Road, Horsham, RH12 1DT) (Please note, there is no parking at our offices).
- Fill in our online contact form
In some cases, our consultant occupational therapist will visit you to assess what adaptations would suit you best. If you require a portable aid, such as a trolley or battery-operated bath seat, this is usually provided by your local health trust or can be purchased privately.
If you need more extensive adaptations (usually those costing more than £1000), such as a level-access shower or stairlift, you will need to contact your local council. You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant to cover the cost of the work. Please let us know what is planned before any work goes ahead. You can find out more information about disabled facilities grants at the following website https://www.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants.
We are responsible for maintaining any adaptations we have fitted. Usually, we will also maintain adaptations which have been funded by the local council. We will not, however, maintain any items supplied and fitted by yourself or a private organisation. If you are arranging your own adaption, you may wish to consider taking out your own breakdown insurance with the supplier.